1/13/2006

Swinging Door

When we practice zazen [Zen Meditation]
our mind always follows our breathing

When we inhale
the air comes into the inner world

When we exhale
the air goes to the outer world

The inner world is limitless, and the outer world is also limitless

We say "inner world" or "outer world,"
but actually there is just one whole world

In this limitless world
our throat is like a swinging door

The air comes in and goes out
like someone passing through a swinging door

If you think, "I breathe"
the "I" is extra

There is no you to say "I."

What we call "I"
is just a swinging door
which moves when we inhale
and when we exhale

When your mind is pure
and calm enough to follow this movement
there is nothing:
no "I,"
no world
no mind nor body
just a swinging door

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario